Hard Money Lender
We focus on commercial hard money and residential hard money real estate loans and have an A+ rating with the BBB. Fairview has been in business for over 25 years specializing in non-conventional commercial and residential loans (also referred to as hard money, bridge loans, private loans, etc..) . We are a family owned company that will structure a product to fit the borrowers needs. The partners have over 100 years of commercial real-estate lending experience and have been lending since 1975.
Who is Fairview Lending? We are the money: No Middle Man
Fairview is a family owned business led by Larry and Glen Weinberg who are seasoned real estate pros. We lend our own funds and structure loans to fit your needs. As you can see from our pics… this isn’t our first rodeo 🙂 We’ve been lending since 1975 and have most likely seen a scenario similar to yours. We are experts in Colorado, Georgia, and Florida real estate and have been featured in publications including Bloomberg, Business Week, The Colorado Real Estate Journal, Realtor.com and various others (learn more) This depth of knowledge allows us to not only understand a complex transaction but structure the appropriate solution to achieve your goals. You can call (866.634.1270) and speak directly with the lender and get your questions answered quickly without the games of a traditional lender.
Fairview can close loans banks and conventional lenders cannot
As banks and other institutional lenders continue the strict underwriting guidelines put in place during the recession, many loans are unable to be funded through traditional avenues. If a borrower has a non-bankable loan for whatever reason there are options available. Fairview specializes in helping clients with unique situations that require creative funding solutions. We provide honest answers quickly with no upfront fees and can close your transaction quickly.
Fairview has funded thousands of residential and commercial loans that do not quite fit conventional lending requirements. Since Fairview is privately funded, we have flexibility to think outside the box in order to make loans that fit the borrower’s requirements.
Learn more about the Fairview Commercial Lending In the News
What causes a borrower or property to need a Hard Money Loan?
- Property/borrower not plain vanilla: Conventional lenders are still funding loans. There focus is primarily on A paper transactions that are extremely clean. If a transaction is not a plain vanilla transaction either due to the property or borrower, many banks are unwilling to provide financing (see recent article: Where to go when the bank says no?)
- Credit issues: As a result of the downturn, many borrowers have minor credit issues. For example they might have lost a tenant resulting in reduced cash flow which ultimately led to a late payment on or they have late payments on credit cards, house loans, or other items
- Timing: The conventional loan process is very lengthy. Borrowers are required to produce considerable backup information on tax returns, appraisals, etc… This process can easily take 60 days+ (> 90 on many commercial transactions) and many times considerably more time
- Under-performing asset: As a result of the economic downturn, there are a number of properties not performing to their full potential. For example on many properties rental rates have been adjusted considerably in order to keep a tenant or attract a new tenant. This reduced rent when factored into the income approach can drastically change the property valuation
- Discounts: We have recently financed a number of borrowers that had current loans with a bank. These borrowers no longer fit the banks guidelines and were offered substantial discounts in order to pay off their loan. We have seen discounts from 10-40%
- Private Hard Money loans are cheaper than borrowing money other ways: Many times bridge lending is a cheaper alternative for a small business or individual than other financing methods. As a result of the economy, many individuals have turned to credit cards, business inventory/receivables factoring, and other methods in order to finance their needs. These are expensive financing tools when borrowers fall out of traditional bank lending criteria.
Above are just a few of the many reasons a loan may not fit traditional lending guidelines. Fortunately Fairview is here to help. With our depth of lending experience, Fairview has more than likely encountered a scenario similar to yours. Fairview specializes in helping borrowers with their unique scenarios in order to fund their transaction
Fairview can help clients that do not fit traditional financing guidelines. We specialize in:
- Actually listening to our clients to understand their goals to create custom solutions to their needs.
- Creative approaches to lending in order to get loans funded
- Equity-based commercial and residential lending
- Fast closings with minimal paperwork
- Fairview lends its own cash and therefore is able to provide honest answers quickly
***There are never any upfront fees***
Direct Portfolio Lender
Fairview is different than other hard money lenders. Most lenders require appraisals and non-refundable deposits up front for due-diligence; these fees can run upwards of thousands of dollars. Fairview Commercial Lending does not require any fees up front since we underwrite and fund loans in house. We have been lending long enough that we know what transactions fit our parameters and will let the borrower/broker know quickly without wasting time or money. Our goal is to fund loans.
Since we are privately funded we can respond quickly and efficiently to loan requests. There is no loan committee to delay your approval process. Most preliminary commitments are issued within as little as 24 hours.